Thursday 13 May 2010

My time at Celtic by Christopher McGovern


I am a second year fashion student and as a part of my course I had to do work placement, and for five days I had the chance to work in the press office and factory of Celtic Sheepskin. Before I got the placement I didn't have much experience in the fashion industry, just my enthusiasm for fashion and my experience in my degree, and straight away I was amazed how friendly everyone was! From the media fashion films and stories you get the impression that the devil actually wears Prada, but everyone greeted me with a smile and everyone knew each and everyone else's name. The size and the efficiency of the organisation took me by surprise as well. I knew that in the fashion industry you have to work months ahead, but putting that into practice is a different matter. Charlotte Cole the Press Officer was there at hand to help me even though she must have been moving at a hundred mph. I also learnt methods when using professional computer graphics.

As well as gaining the experience, I learnt the ethics of the company and the brand identity that all the employees work so hard for. I also got to interview one of the directors Kath Whitworth; a woman I have tremendous respect for because of the dedication she has for the company and the brand identity. She will not sacrifice hard work, money or effort for the product.

I have come away with a great deal of experience from Celtic Sheepskin. It was a real eye opener and I don't think this would have been possible without the support of the employees and the time they were willing to give up for me and my degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment