Tuesday 17 August 2010

Sexy is back…

“Sexy is back” are the words of Harpers Bazaar editor Lucy Yeomans, in her Editors Letter for September’s magazine. What an exiting season we’ve got in store for us then Lucy! In fact if I’m honest, it wasn’t originally these words have drawn me to write about Harpers Bazaar in this week’s blog, rather the sultry fashion feature spreading across 14 pages entitled “Woodland Spirit”. Not quite the woodland scenes we’ve featured in our new Autumn Winter catalogue, and if you’ve not seen it then imagine our models in the same location, same hair & make up, same shearling jackets and then nothing else –totally nude, or a simple pair of lacy knickers! The photos are truly enchanting, and definitely worth a peek.

So after my eye grabbing moment, I re-traced my steps to the editor’s letter and at that point became inspired for the subject of today’s blog post. After Harpers Bazaar had gone to so much effort to take the Celtic Sheepskin catalogue and make a sexy woodland shoot, I thought I’d take this September’s Harpers Bazaar and make it, well, purchasable!

In her letter, Lucy explains that Marc Jacobs heralded the return of the curve at the Autumn Winter catwalk for Louis Vuitton, featuring the nipped-in, fifties style silhouette. Well, whatever the designers can do us mortals can follow. So I’ve been rummaging in the wardrobe that is www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk (virtual wardrobes are so much easier to find things with their special search engine helps!), and I’ve pulled out a few pieces with Marc Jacobs’ theme in mind.

Thinking 1950s, you imagine a lot of tailoring, and as Lucy put it “nipped in waists” and this is not such an obvious style for Celtic Sheepskin - but you’d be surprised what I’ve found! A coat that first jumped into my head was our Heritage Fit & Flare, but also the Hazelwood Waxed Jacket has gorgeous high waist detailing. And what 1950s tiny waist would be without a Polo Neck for winter? This autumn we’ve got polo necks coming out of our ears!

Then I began considering our Short Cape Jacket, which was another style credited to the 1950s and one that can help the many ladies who aren’t blessed with a jaw dropping hourglass figure. And subsequently my imagination began leaping miles ahead, as I pictured sophisticated ladies of the 50s with berets and long gloves – in fact Marc Jacobs featured elbow length gloves in his collection, to the same length as our Long Cashmere Gloves. Then adding that all important sheepskin detail (billed to be HUGE this season) I thought of our fabulous Fluffy Handmuff – so very 1950s!






No comments:

Post a Comment