Tuesday 28 September 2010

The world of Celtic Sheepskin, as viewed by one of our newest recruits…


We asked one of our new telephonists, Louise Leith, to write a blog post for us based on her experiences so far at Celtic Sheepskin. We thought you may be interested to learn what it’s like to work for us, but we didn’t expect such an entertaining memoir as this. Enjoy...

"Now this blog post is written by a member of Celtic staff, but alas, it is not a scandalous exposé behind the scenes of the company - it is however a little insight into Celtic through the eyes of one of their newly employed little workers!

OK, so starting any new job is a little bit daunting, but myself, and the other new telephonists who began the day alongside me are consummate professionals. Right?... Right! So, there I was; first day on a new job a little bit nervous (but only a little bit!), clutching my bag complete with pack-lunch like a child starting a new school.

So, what was our introduction to Celtic Sheepskin really like?

Well, to get us acclimatised the next step is getting to know our products, which, in Celtic terms, is quite literally a baptism of sheepskin! In a scene reminiscent of Sex and the City (only somewhat more rural), we are presented with a plethora of sheepskin coats, boots and beautiful knitwear. Then, to get a real feel for the products we are invited to give them a try - I know, I know, but as they say; someone has got to do it!

So I feel well educated about our products, and I'm ready to get on the phone and get advising. Only downside - if there was one? I'd barely started, and mentally spent all my first month’s wages before I'd even been given a desk. Or a pay cheque. Result!"






4 comments:

  1. It's nice to see how you guys work - keep us updated louise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! I've enjoyed it so much!
    Lovely to see you.
    Francesca from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (sorry for that deleted post!)

    I am so glad to put faces on the people I have spoken to in the past few weeks! You look like an amazing group!

    Thanks for sharing these pictures, they make the Celtic Sheepskin experience much more real!

    ReplyDelete