Tuesday 7 December 2010

Celtic Sheepskin visits the Clothes Show Live!


This weekend I had a thrilling invite to join in with the celebrations of my cousin’s 21st birthday and take a girly family trip to the Birmingham NEC to enjoy all that goes on at the Clothes Show Live. Happy birthday Laura! It really was interesting to re-visit 15 years after I first (and last) went with my school friends. This time looking through eyes of my early-twenties cousins, my mother-of-one sister and also my mum and auntie, both of whom love to learn about fashion but prefer to wear what suits them, and if it hits a fashion trend as well it’s a win-win situation!

I am delighted to say that all of us thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and would recommend a visit to anyone. For the older amongst our group, it perhaps took an extra day to recover from all that walking, but completely worth it. The show is filled with mini-catwalks and brand promotions. Many female magazines sponsor catwalk shows and the bigger stores offer discounts that you wouldn’t usually find in the shops –very helpful on the run up to Christmas. Although, I did feel extremely selfish as usually this time of year I am busy only buying for others, but this weekend I found myself treating me. I’m putting it down to well-earned retail therapy, getting me through the 6 weeks of booked up Christmas weekends.

The highlight for our whole group was by far the main catwalk, which was hosted by Gok Wan. I had hoped to get some great pictures to share on this blog today, but sadly my shutter speed for the dim light and misty stage-theatrics has limited the quality and volume I can share with you now.

Below is a picture of Gok Wan, I promise! The host of the show.

Seeing something on the catwalk and falling in love with it is great, but it does help to know where you can shop for that style. So taking the catwalk to Celtic Sheepskin, the biggest that stood out for me was by far all the shearling & faux fur the models were adorned in. Of course Celtic Sheepskin doesn’t make anything with fur, fake or not, but our Toscana Sheepskin comes pretty close. I snapped a semi-successful picture below of models wearing sheepskin hats with Fairisle gloves, in the “country” trend…

Also in the above picture I can’t help but note the cape that the model’s wearing. No doubt many of you have seen these walking through your high streets, as it really is a great way to keep warm from the snow forecast to last most of this winter. My favourite from the Celtic Sheepskin collection has to be is the Cape Jacket. With £100 marked off the original price, you better be quick!
Another trend that jumped out at me this weekend was the preppy look. There’s a lot of tartan back in mainstream fashion, and although Celtic hasn’t any of this we do have a great number of the socks, so often worn alongside the kilt-like skirt. So why not pull out your old tartan skirt and zest it up for 2010 with a pair of socks…

Happy shopping ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment