Thursday 16 December 2010

High Street versus Designer. Saving £5053 with celtic Sheepskin pieces that are in stock now

Christmas is just around the corner and boy are we getting excited at Celtic Sheepskin! Our shelves have been almost ripped bare for all the Christmas orders received these past 6 weeks, but there are still a few gems left to snap up in time for Christmas. Remember, the last UK delivery can be ordered from us on 23rd December, if you make sure you request a next day delivery service. It is quite unique to be able to order online so close to Christmas, but please be warned that the weather is interrupting postal services up and down the country, so it’s definitely worth ordering sooner rather than later, just to be safe.

So what’s still in stock to order for Christmas I hear you cry! And how on earth could that lead me to saving £5053 compared to the designer alternatives. Well, sit back and let me explain…

Take the ever-popular shearling jacket this season. You’ve probably noticed that Burberry-Prorsum’s floor stopping number has hit nearly every glossie magazine this winter and as a result you can’t get hold of the £2,000 jacket any more. Gucci on the other hand have a higher price tag and a different style version but at least you can still purchase their Shearling and suede jacket, if you have £3,130 spare that is. Of course Celtic Sheepskin prides itself on sheepskin jackets, and our Toscana version which is 100% sheepskin comes in at only £645 –that’s a saving of £2485!


View Gucci’s jacket at Net A Porter HERE
View Celtic Sheepskin’s Toscana Jacket HERE

Next on my Christmas-less list is the beautiful cape. It too is making an enormous impact this year in the style stakes. Like us, Stella McCartney has produced a cape-style jacket, which has big bellowing arms to create the same cape silhouette, but the arms make the jacket more practical. I couldn’t help but noticed how her silver-grey version is so similar to ours, and if you don’t want to spend £665 on the designer label, Celtic Sheepskins can be snapped up at £195!


View Stella McCartney’s cape at Net A Porter HERE
View Celtic Sheepskin’s Cape HERE


And the savings don’t stop there. There’s also Donna Karen’s beautiful Knitted Vest (hmm, I can’t really see my Grandad wearing that under his shirt this winter, but let’s go with it…). She’s designed it in cashmere, so I would naturally expect the price to be higher than our Merino wool version, but personally I’d be happy to save £881 and forgo the soft cashmere and I doubt I’d be alone in that preference!

View Donna Karens’s cardi at Net A Porter HERE
View Celtic Sheepskin’s Cardi HERE

Celtic Sheepskin does of course have plenty of cashmere pieces, one that’s in stock now is our Longline Cashmere Cardigan, which is s similar to Jil Sander’s Military Wool Cardigan. In fact you could almost mistake the two for each other. I honestly can’t see why a 100% wool cardigan with epilates and a great name adds £820 against our 100% cashmere cardigan. Again let’s put it down to personal taste.

View Jil Sander's cardi at Net A Porter HERE
View Celtic Sheepskin’s Cardi HERE


At last, I’ve come across designer pieces under £500! Vanessa Bruno Athe (A French Designer in case you’ve not come across her before), has a gorgeous Alpaca and Wool-Blend Sweater Dress on Net-A-Porter for just £260. Bearing in mind the relatively low price tag and that cable knits that are big this winter, I honestly can’t see why this is still in stock. Perhaps it’s because our very similar dress at Celtic Sheepskin is only £69? Perhaps or perhaps not. But again I would still go for the lower price, especially as the fabric is as good and it leaves me room to buy a second, and even a third as gifts for Christmas with the money I save!

View Vanessa Burno Athe's dress at Net A Porter HERE
View Celtic Sheepskin’s dress HERE

Staying with the “under £500” designer theme, I then found Temperley’s Royal Waist Corset Belt. It really is very beautiful. I can picture wrapping that around my waist as I step out in my Knitted Cable Dress. But then, if I’m going to buy two or three dresses then I’d also be better off buying two or three belts –and Celtic Sheepskin’s is a saving of £206! Sorry Temperley, it is beautiful but so is Celtic Sheepskins, and I’m being careful with the pennies this year…



View Temperley London's Belt at Net A Porter HERE
View Celtic Sheepskin’s belt HERE

I hope this helps you to find beautiful gifts this year. Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment