Thursday 10 February 2011

Clothes for sport

Sport. It’s a popular subject. So much so that it has it’s own section in the news, with the latest debates reaching the main features on whether parliament should get involved with the FA! Now there’s a big topic for debate, but one that I’m not about to start here as I must hold my hands up straight away; as I’m not a “sporty” person. The “outdoors type” yes, but I don’t religiously follow a sport and sometimes I wish I did and other times I’m glad that I don’t. I would say that Celtic Sheepskin is the same.

Our clothing is not designed for a particular sport. We don’t photograph our models performing yoga in our Fine Merino Leggings or riding on a horse in our Waxed Stockman Jacket. Why not? Because we know that for the most part, those leggings are going to be worn slouching around the house, or that coat will be mainly thrown on when it’s raining cats and dogs. So I thought I’d use this blog post today to show you items from our clothing and footwear range that could as easily be used for comfort as they can be for sport. Two in one! What a bargain.

With sport there’s generally an element of competition. Maybe it doesn’t feel fair and you may not agree, but there’s generally a list of who’s first, last and in the middle. So taking this theme of sport seriously, I’ll list my “premier league” suggestions from number one down to number ten…

First up at NUMBER ONE has to be our original sheepskin boots, as this is the reason why this business began; for surfers to put on their feet during time out from a surf.

Number TWO is purely favouritism; a top for dancing, because its my favourite sport! The cropped top will help you to show off (and keep cool) your toned stomach muscles.

Number THREE is perhaps the reason why so many turn to Celtic Sheepskin in the wintertime –for skiing. And what better way to step out onto the slopes than with our gorgeous Fergie Headband Number FOUR is chosen because they’re one of the few technical items we offer our customer when it comes to sport, all be it the highest in the luxury sport category…

At number FIVE I feel I need to bring something back into this score chart for the boys, as it’s getting very girly. So how about rugby? Our Trapper Cape is ideal for men and women, and with the Six Nations in full swing at the moment you could find this useful as a spectator or perhaps when playing your own game of rugby it’ll come in useful for keeping dry when waiting at the sides?
Keeping with the male & female theme, up at number SIX has to be our Sheepskin Fingerless Gloves. Then a great sport for these is shooting, but who’s to say you don’t simply find these useful for texting on your mobile on cooler days!

At number SEVEN I’d like to bring in our Organic Cotton Hoodie, which is perhaps great for a good number of sports but the one that springs to my mind is jogging. Made from natural organic cotton it’s a super lightweight, long sleeve top that will even keep your hair dry!

Aware that number ten is getting closer, at number EIGHT I’ll introduce a second pair of technical and sheepskin lined footwear, Walking Boots. These boots will keep your feet warm and protected on family walks to a days trekking.

At number NINE, there’s our Classic Flying Jacket and of course if you have an open top plane then you’ll find this extremely useful for it’s main purpose, but I’ve opted for a sport that more people will take part in; driving. Topless of course!

And bringing up the rear in my premier league of Celtic Sheepskin goodies is the Kangie Hat at number TEN. Made from 100% sheepskin it’ll keep your ears lovely and warm as you sit by the side of a river and casually wait for that fish to take a snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment