Thursday 2 June 2011

Camping in style

Having just enjoyed the last bank holiday weekend for a while, you might, like me, be organising something to look forward to over the next few months. Some of you might be fortunate enough to be jetting off somewhere hot and sunny but for the rest of us we will have to make do with whatever the good ol’ British weather has to throw at us.

Even if the weather isn’t at its best, here in Cornwall there are some wonderful campsites, many of them in a quiet field in the middle of nowhere or overlooking a stunning beach. Camping is one of my favourite ways to spend a summer weekend and I have vowed to try to do it as much as possible this year. I think it’s down to the thought of being ‘at one’ with nature and just getting away from it all (as well as the the desire to consume as many chargrilled burgers as possible!).

When it comes to preparing for a weekend camping, I am terrible at travelling light and have to make and stick to a checklist otherwise I would be tempted to pack my entire wardrobe.

As I’m going camping in a couple of weeks I have started thinking about what I really need to take (probably not my hair straighteners!).

So tent etc. aside, I thought I would share with you my checklist and suggestions for camping wardrobe options…
It’s only a weekend so two tops should be sufficient. The Winged Tie Back Tee is a pretty yet simple top, ideal for daytime activities. I like to take at least one adaptable option, for example this Trapeze Jumper Dress can be worn over jeans or on its own making it ideal for day-to-night wear.

In expectation for at least one downpour over the weekend, this Short Hooded Jacket will keep the rain away but as it is made from Epic® Cotton it won’t cause you to get too hot.
These lovely Gum Boots are so comfy as well as practical. Great for muddy fields and deep puddles! These Shearling Flip-flops are great for lounging around by the campfire or going for short walks to explore your surroundings. They are incredibly comfortable and if they get dirty you can even wash them in the machine!Because everyone needs a hat! This Cowboy Hat will keep the sun off your face and tick the boxes for cowboy chic which is a big trend for summer.As the sun goes down you might need an extra layer. The Helical Shell Knit is soft and light so it won’t take up too much room and it will work really well over the Trapeze Jumper Dress as the scoop at the front complements and draws attention to the waistline.Our popular Tinder Pouch is just about the right size to carry all your essentials and you can wear it across the body allowing you to be hands-free, giving you the freedom to have a drink in one hand and a burger in the other!

2 comments:

  1. I love your selection, it is a great one. I also started this year thinking way in advance what to pack when travelling, it definitely makes life easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it, Steph. I agree, preparation is the key. Much better than rushing around last minute!

    ReplyDelete