Tuesday 14 June 2011

SS11 trend: The Obi Belt

Well so much for the start of summer! The weather here in Cornwall at the weekend was inclement to put it mildly. My plan to go clothes shopping was abandoned (I hate going out in the rain!) so instead I enjoyed some online retail therapy. While I was browsing online I came across two articles highlighting one growing trend which is set to be one of THE hot accessory trends of the summer; the Obi Belt. Here it is on Vogue online and Look.co.uk .

You might remember we have produced our very own Obi belt in the past. In fact we have featured it in our catalogues for a good few years so you might even say that because you, our customers, are wearing the Obi Belt more and more, we have contributed somewhat to the start of this trend!

As it is so popular, sadly the Obi Belt is currently out of stock (I will let you know when we have more available). You might not be aware that we offer some belts exclusively on our website, i.e. they don’t feature in our catalogues. So I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to highlight some of these slightly hidden gems! I have specially chosen belts which channel the essence of the Obi Belt; elegant, eye-catching and most importantly waist-cinching to enhance your natural silhouette…

Lisa, our Factory Shop Supervisor, very kindly agreed to model for me so you can get a real idea of how the belts look…

So first up, here is Lisa wearing the Soft Waist belt
This belt is most definitely designed to be worn around the waist and works brilliantly over a dress or long top to draw attention to the waist area. Lisa is wearing it over the Knitted Vest Top and I think it works really well. The black and white contrast exemplifies another of this summer’s hot looks – monochrome.
For my second selection, Lisa is wearing the Twisted Front BeltAgain I think this is another great option which can transform the look of an outfit. I love the combination of the belt detail with that of the knitted vest top and the width of this belt makes it a good substitute for the Obi Belt.

For something completely different, I like the Lariat Suede Belt
This 100% British suede belt is amazingly versatile. You can create a different slant to that of the Obi Belt by wrapping it around you in layers and tying it almost like a bow around your waist as Lisa has done here or you can utilise your creative flair and wear it any way that your mood takes you!

Last but not least, if you’re still looking for an Obi Belt, this one comes with a free top (or is it a top with a free belt?!), the Houndstooth Belted Kimono
I mentioned this top and belt combo in a recent blog post so I won’t go on about it but needless to say at half price down from £70 to £35 this is a real bargain!

There are plenty more belts where these came from. View them all on our website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment