Thursday 1 September 2011

Feeling the autumnal chill...

In last Thursday’s blog post, I mentioned that for me the bank holiday weekend marks the seasonal transition into Autumn and, as predicted, there has been a distinct nip in the air. More than once this week I have realised that I have been under-dressed for the temperature, optimistically hoping to bare my slightly sun-kissed skin for just a little while longer!

So as of tonight I’m giving in! I have decided that it’s time to embrace the warmth and cosiness of a light jumper to keep the evening chill away. If I’m honest I’m looking forward to it; I love the luxurious feel of wool against my skin – it’s like a comforting hug!

If like me you feel ready to face the autumn, here are my suggestions for some seasonal Celtic fail-safes…


The Cable Pocket Cardi is a new design for us this season. The boyfriend length makes it effortlessly stylish and easy to wear and I think that the nod to the cable trend is simple but effective. This is a really useful extra layer and as the sleeves are only elbow-length, it is perfect for a changeable Autumn.

For something chunkier, I love our Box Cardi which you might recognise as we have sold it for the last couple of years. As it has been so popular, we are offering it again this year…


The glowing reputation of the Box Cardi seems to stem from its practical wear-with-anything design and according to feedback from customers on our website it is lovely and warm to wear too.

If you would prefer a jumper rather than a cardi (and let’s face it, it’s good to have the choice), you could wrap up against the chill in one of our best-sellers, the V Neck Slouch


Another well-loved design, we have produced the V Neck Slouch in new shades for the past few years to give you -our customers- choice. In fact, more and more we are trying to offer more colours so you can find the perfect item for you. The colour in the current catalogue is Argent (French for silver) which like many of the colours we choose for our knitwear goes with anything. I love the V Neck Slouch because the flattering shape suits every figure and it is so soft and cosy – perfect for a chilly evening.

To view our complete range of lightweight knits, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment