Thursday 15 September 2011

Getting to know....Jaki Law, Sales & Support Supervisor

As our Autumn collection is already flying off the shelves, I thought it was time to introduce you to someone who you might come in to contact with if you call us to place an order; Jaki Law, our Sales and Support Supervisor. Following on from the theme of the other “Getting to know…” posts I asked Jaki a few probing questions…

How long have you worked for Celtic Sheepskin and what brought you here?

I started working for Celtic Sheepskin on 18th July 2011… doesn’t time fly! I was looking for a job where the company cared about its people, customers and the environment as much as I did so Celtic Sheepskin ticked all the boxes for me.

What do your day-to-day duties consist of?

The Sales and Support team is the first port of call for customer enquiries; as part of the team I take orders and provide product information to assist customers with their choices, as well as handling returns enquiries and resolving any issues. As Sales and Support Supervisor I also liaise with our delivery companies, ensure we are appropriately staffed, manage my team on a day-to-day basis and oversee the Customer Services department.

What do you most enjoy about your role?

I love everything about it really as it is so varied! In particular it’s lovely to be able to talk to customers directly. I also love working with my team - they are a great bunch, all very friendly and knowledgeable about our products.

How would you sum up the new collection in one sentence?

I would sum it up as a collection of classic pieces with a stylish twist and complementary colour palettes which suit most people and make it easy to match with coordinating items.

If you had to pick your favourite item from the current Autumn catalogue, what would it be and why?

Oh that’s a hard one, there is so much I like… I think the Toscana Jacket is top of my list, it’s just so luxurious and classy. For something completely different, I also love the Cashmere Fairisle Beret and Fingerless Gloves too. That’s more than one item I know but there are just too many lovely pieces to choose one favourite!

What do you think are the most popular choices from the new collection (based on customers’ feedback so far)?

Our bamboo layering pieces are proving to be very popular with our customers, in particular the Bamboo Fluted Tee. Even though it is still only September, we are also getting a lot of interest in the Celtic Duffle Coat and the Three-Quarter Cabra Coat too – it isn’t hard to see why! And of course, our Celt boots – even after all these years they are still so popular.

If you could swap jobs with anyone in the company for a day, whose would it be and why?

I would probably swap with one of the girls in the factory shop for the day because, as I have said already, I just love talking to customers and it would be wonderful to do that face to face.

How long have you lived in Cornwall? What brought you here/kept you here?

I have been here for almost 4 years. I first came on holiday in 1975 and then every year after that. After a while I started coming twice a year and then more frequently and in the end I decided I should just live here. I’m so glad I did - I love Cornwall and everything it has to offer. If you haven’t been before you should visit (and it would be lovely to welcome you to our factory shop while you’re here!).

How do you like to spend your time when you’re not at work?

I walk my two Springer Spaniels who both adore the beach. I read a lot and paint a bit, listen to and play music and I must say that I also quite enjoy a quiet glass of wine at my local bar as I lose myself staring out to sea.

Finally, what is your favourite quote which you like to live by?

What goes around comes around – simple and very true.

-Thank you Jaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment