Tuesday 13 December 2011

Planning our Christmas Day outfits…

I am feeling a little bit smug today because I managed to finish my Christmas shopping at the weekend after fighting through the streets of Truro on a mission to buy everything in as short a time as possible (not least because my other half came with me to ‘help’ and his tolerance for busy shops is even smaller than mine!).

Having breathed a big sigh of relief knowing that my presents are wrapped and my cards are written and posted I can now focus on enjoying the lead-up to Christmas day and the exciting plans I have coming up (which to be completely honest mainly involve eating copious amounts of yummy food and ‘sampling’ mulled wine!). Even more importantly, I can now shop with myself in mind and update my Christmas wardrobe.

For me, the outfit that requires the most consideration is the one for Christmas day. This year I will be spending the day itself with my fiancĂ©’s family on their Dartmoor hill farm and the weather there can be a bit unpredictable to say the least (last year my car had to be towed out of the snow with a tractor!) so I need to plan ahead for warmth, comfort and style. What better way to do this than in Celtic Sheepskin! I imagine that I will spend part of the day walking across the moor so a pair of warm boots and some knitted accessories will keep the chill away.

I share an office with Lauren (our Graphic Designer) who is responsible for, among other things, putting together our email newsletters and keeping the website looking fresh and inviting. With festive music on in the background and Christmas firmly on our minds, Lauren has decided on her Christmas Day outfit too. Lauren’s will be starting the day with a family tradition of going for a swim in the sea (in just a swimming costume – brrrr, rather you than me!) so she will no doubt be looking forward to putting on something warm and cosy to spend the rest of the day in.

Complete with the backdrop of a white Christmas, here we are in our intended outfits (Lauren on the left and me, Stella, on the right; click on the image to view a larger version)…


Lauren is wearing the Henley Slouch with a Slip Stitch Bodywarmer, accessorised with a black Cashmere Beret, Cashmere Wristwarmers and a Pointelle Snood. Her boots are Celt Knee Boots.

Lauren will be cooking Christmas dinner for her family so the layers of this outfit are a perfect choice as she can easily remove the Slip Stitch Bodywarmer as the kitchen heats up.

For my Christmas day outfit I have chosen a Cable Slouch Dress in Sapphire with a Lambswool Scarf (Natural MacKeller) and a merino Cable Beanie together with matching Cable Armwarmers (light grey). My boots are Popper Boots (calf height in Spice).

This is an ideal ensemble which will shield me well from the moorland breeze! I will also take a pair of Yaktrax Pro with me just in case. These are fantastic as they can be worn over most shoes to give them extra grip on snow or ice...
What do you think of our Christmas Day outfits? Let us know your thoughts on Facebook or Twitter.

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment