Tuesday 20 March 2012

It’s the first day of Spring … and time to prepare for our Autumn photo-shoot!

I heard on the radio this morning that today is the Spring equinox, marking the official start of the new season. Sadly the Cornish weather isn’t very spring-like at the moment, so we are all hoping it improves in time for next week when our Autumn photo-shoot takes place (yes, we like to plan ahead!). In fact there is a hive of activity in the office this week as we make final preparations for the shoot. I have been lucky enough to see a preview of the range and, just like the catwalk shows which took place a few weeks ago, our collection for Autumn 2012 is set to be very exciting indeed! While I can’t say too much at the moment (as final tweaks still to the range need to be made), I will make sure that you – our blog readers – are first in the know when I can reveal more.

As well as preparing for the shoot itself by gathering the new samples and organising logistics for the week (it’s a shame we can’t pre-book the weather!), I’ve also been thinking ahead to my wardrobe. As anyone who has been on a photo-shoot will know, more often than not there is a lot of standing around while the beautiful models strut their stuff and here in Cornwall there is often a cooling sea breeze to contend with too. So it makes sense to dress for the occasion which usually means I wear as many layers as possible!

I am well aware how lucky I am to be able to choose from our current range to wear at work; testing it out for all you avid blog readers. So I am very excited to think about this season’s Jersey collection which is our biggest yet with plenty of options of layering pieces to keep the spring chill away, even when standing on the most exposed cliff top! In fact, our Jersey range is so adaptable that the pieces can be worn all year round. For those of you who might not yet have discovered the range, by way of introduction, here are the pieces that I have chosen for my photo- shoot wardrobe…
The Organic Cotton Short Sleeve Tee is one of the staple pieces in my wardrobe all year round as it just so wearable! We have introduced new shades for Spring of Steel and Grey/Navy Stripe so now I can wear it even more! In my opinion, the best feature of this tee is its lovely wide sleeves which give just the right amount of room to wear over other layers without feeling restricted. I particularly like wearing the tee over the Organic Cotton Henley
This is such a versatile top. With the buttons fastened, it is a great long-sleeved tee which is wonderfully light and easy to wear.

As well as our Organic Cotton range, I also love our Bamboo pieces; they are so light and comfortable. Bamboo is a naturally breathable fibre with antibacterial properties so it’s ideal for long days out and about. My favourite piece from the range is the Bamboo Fluted Tee

This is a great piece for wearing all year round as it is light enough to wear under a thick jumper yet generous enough to keep the chill away in its own right on spring days.

That should be plenty of layers to keep me warm and comfortable next week.  Now time to start working on that photo-shoot-friendly weather forecast!

What are you favourite Celtic layering pieces? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter.

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment