Tuesday 25 May 2010

It's festival time, and they're not just for the fashionistas!


The media has been quick to jump on the festival vibe and pull out collections of on-trend festival clothing. For many this has been of vital information and for the rest it’s gone unnoticed, as they prefer not to get wrapped up in the latest “keep my hands free” bag –and who in their right mind would take a clutch bag to a festival anyway?

Don’t get me wrong, Celtic Sheepskin could shout about our festival gear. We’ve got Gum Boots, Gilets, Waterproof Jackets and the all important “no hand” bags and back packs to make your festival experience even better. Only the other day our wellies were mentioned in an online chat for festival gear by Alice Olins at The Times; http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/fashion/article7110778.ece

But when it comes down to it festivals are an event of celebration, whether the focus is on music, films or just local crafts. I rationalise the “what to wear” phenomenon as choosing the cherry for the yummy chocolate cake. So underneath Celtic’s sweet cherry of festival clothing, we’ve got a scrummy sugary cake to consider as well. (This blog is making me quite hungry!)

Based in Newquay we’re very proud of our local festival “Run To The Sun” and as I type this I’m sitting in the sunshine, which is making me very confident that our Spring Bank Holiday festival will be justly named. The aim of the long weekend is to cram as many VW cars into our petite town and watch teenagers flock to listen to the bands as “grown ups” show off their Volkswagen wheels. Have a gander at the site if you’ve time http://www.runtothesun.co.uk/

We are always hearing about the big festivals, but it would be nice to learn more about the smaller festivals - the ones that don’t get the media spot light but generate a lot of local support. For instance there’s Bristol festival in September that sounds like a blast and in June Newcastle’s Green Festival is returning after being cancelled last year because their funds couldn’t be accounted for. So let’s hope for their sake they can make a real come back this year!

3 comments:

  1. Noticing the prominent wellies in your pic, I just have to mention how much I love my chocolate brown Ilse Jacobsen wellies, which I bought from you last autumn. As I live in rural Scotland I spend a fair amount of my time in wellies, and these ones always cheer me up and get favourable comments. I even wrote about them on my blog! (http://dancingbeastie.wordpress.com/2009/11/04/my-obscure-object-of-desire/ - if you want to check - otherwise please ignore and forgive shameless plug...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dancingbeastie (fun name BTW!) Delighted you love them so much. We're just as much in love with them as well, and our Director and our Press Officer -who religiously walk to work- didn't take them off all winter!

    We don't mind your plug, it's a great blog. Do you think you could add a customer review to our website? It's always helpful to others when they can read peoples thoughts about items before they buy. Thank you! http://www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk/footwear/wet-weather-footwear/gum-boot-tall/#tab3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Review duly added!

    ReplyDelete