Thursday 9 September 2010

And it started, stopped and kept starting again; It’s raining cats and dogs!


Looking at the weather across the country, we notice there’s many cities, towns and villages who have come under siege of the autumn rain. In Cornwall we’re getting off lightly with the occasional shower, but I’m sure other counties aren’t so lucky. Goodness only knows why we use the phrase “raining cats and dogs” but I thought as so many of you like our canine mascot, I’d choose that particular heading for today’s blog!

I have just quickly looked on Google for the meaning of the phrase, and according the the “Phrase Finder” it has quite a morbid reflection, and one that I don’t think you’d all like to learn about in this blog post. Of course if the curiosity is to much too bear, you can have a look for yourself CLICK HERE -just don’t say I didn’t warn you, after all curiosity killed the cat! - Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself!

Pushing the well-known phrases aside, I’d like to draw your attention to my top four rain coats from the new autumn winter catalogue. Two are made from a dry-wax cotton and the other two from Epic Cotton. Both fabrics make ideal wet-weather clothing, and more importantly for the current warmer air, are nice and lightweight.

If you’ve not come across a dry wax coat before, then let me quickly explain that it has all the same properties as a waxed jacket (eg a classic Barbour jacket) but without the muggy smell. There’s also no need to “wax” your jacket either to prolong its life as you would with a traditional waxed jacket. Fabulous!

As for Epic Cotton, well I could talk about this fabric for ever. It’s a high performance fabric used in the military. It’s basically windproof, lightweight, breathable and air permeable –air can cool you down but the rain still can’t get in! It will also retain your body heat during the cooler winter months, so is something very special.

With all those facts in mind, I’ll leave you with a few pictures of my top four –starting with the Epic Cotton then Dry Wax Cotton. Click on any one of them to take you to the product page on our website.





No comments:

Post a Comment