Thursday 11 November 2010

Finding out about Tracy Hoggarth, the new garment Technologist at Celtic Sheepskin


Tracy has recently joined Celtic Sheepskin, and as our newest recruit to the growing business we thought we’d set her a short Q&A to hear what being a Garment Technologist at Celtic Sheepskin really means and if she can give us any more info on next seasons range!


When did you start working at Celtic Sheepskin?

Monday 27th September 2010. While it was still warm!


What do your day-to-day duties mainly consist of?

I work very closely with Kath, one of the directors and also our designer to ensure the suppliers understand Celtic Sheepskin’s philosophy and creative vision of the collection. My part is mainly about ensuring every item of clothing and footwear that leaves Celtic Sheepskin’s warehouse delivers fantastic quality and superb fit. Celtic Sheepskin has built up a great portfolio of high-quality, natural clothing and it is my job to ensure they fit our customers and make sense.


Where did you move to Cornwall from?

Emsworth, Hampshire. There I commuted two hours each way to London, so I’m really enjoying my now 20 minute car journey each morning and night across the Cornish countryside.


How are you finding living in Cornwall?

Wonderful, the beauty is breathtaking. My husband and I are often found with our walking shoes on, exploring our new surroundings. Hampshire is a beautiful place, so I’m lucky to have had countryside around me for a while now, and Cornwall is so serene, it really ensures I can truly unwind to the relaxed pace down here.


What do you love about your role?

The variety. No day is ever the same. I can’t emphasise enough how beautiful the garments are, and the satisfaction of creating such timeless apparel really gives you a true sense of job satisfaction. I’ve worked very hard to get where I am today, and I am really enjoying my new team.


If you could have anyone’s job in the company, whose would it be?

Alfie, the company’s 6-month-old Brittany spaniel! He just makes everyone happy and gets to take a siesta.


If you had just one favourite item in the current winter collection, what would it be? It doesn’t have to be something for you!

The new Belted Flying Jacket. It’s gorgeous! I mistakenly tried it on and it fitted like a glove making it very hard to take off.


As you work with future collections, what can you tell us about the new 2011 spring range?

It’s bigger! I’ve seen last years spring summer catalogue, and the collection is certainly even more varied this summer. As you would expect, it’s filled with stunning, luxurious yarns and is teeming with whites, blues, smudgy greys and the occasional lifting pastel. We’re busy working with our team on stock delivery times, and I think it’s planned to go on sale in February 2011 – depending on the weather of course. If it’s heavy snow, we will hold the launch our spring collection until our customers want to wear it.


If you only had one phrase that you lived by, what would it be?

I’ve always loved the words: “It’s not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing.” I try to live by this each day, and I think it’s this that phrase which has brought me to where I am today.

- Thank you Tracy!


No comments:

Post a Comment