Tuesday 25 January 2011

And the couture shows begin...

So are any of you avidly following Paris Couture Show? I wonder how many actually are! I must admit it came as a lovely surprise when my Vogue.com daily email came into my inbox yesterday and reminded me that the “world’s most expensive dresses head to Paris today”. And if I take my business hat off a moment I’d admit that if there’s any excuse I can grab to look at pretty dresses, I’ll be there. Well, not literally of course. Rather than Paris I’m sitting at my desk in Cornwall. And rather than designer clothing, I’m sitting in my jeans and Celt boots. But the internet can make you feel like you’re in Paris and both vogue.com and telegraph.co.uk are permanently popping up on my screen to see what I’m missing –and of course what I will never, ever own!

As the story usually progresses on this blog, it’s the subject of couture that got my thinking for today’s blog post. You all have access to see the full range of Celtic Sheepskin items, but have you ever really looked at the expensive pieces? I wonder. So for those who haven’t, I’ve pulled the top four together for you. For you (like me) can sit back and admire what you may never own. Although, let’s be honest here, there’s a great deal better chance of you affording the most expensive item at Celtic Sheepskin than the cheapest on the couture catwalks this week. As many of our customers regularly do. So perhaps the following isn’t so out of reach…

First up is the top (priced) coat in our current Autumn Winter catalogue. The Hooded Toscana Coat, at £1,095 and honestly, if you can spend that on a coat it’s VERY much worth it. Toscana sheepskin is buttery soft, and very dense. It has a feeling of fur, but the conscience-free that comes with it as sheepskin is a by-product of the meat industry. We don’t have anything to do with fur at Celtic Sheepskin.



Next on my “top four” list is the wonderful Super Chunky Cashmere Jumper, which is featured on the cover of our second-released autumn winter catalogue this season, and is almost sold out. So be very quick! At a quarter of the price of the Hooded Toscana Coat, it seams like a great deal, but the deal is in the fabric not the price. Who doesn’t enjoy cashmere? I don’t think I need to describe it to you, you must all know the wonders it brings to any skin it touches; and in such a big, snugly jumper. All I can say it you’d better be quick to get one!


Then sticking with cashmere, I’ve also picked our “couture dress”, the Deep V Cashmere Dress. Ok, so it’s not for spring as the current shows are showing, it’s much too cold to be talking about spring to you all; no matter how much we love all that the spring season brings. No, this dress is very much a winter dress –or perhaps a cooler season dress to be specific as it’s designed to be layered with pieces, that is of course unless you have the daringness of the many famous actresses who wouldn’t care a hoot if they showed that much cleavage!


As the company so famously started life making boots, it seems only fitting that I end this quartet with a pair of our top sheepskin boots. Sadly, we haven’t the equipment to make them by hand in Cornwall, but we still have them made by hand in England, so they’re very, very special. In fact, they’re made to your exact requirements, and beautifully lined in sheepskin. I am of course talking about our Bespoke Riding Boots, and I know many of you have also fallen in love with these. Equally, I know that many of you are not so keen on the price, and sadly I can offer no compensation for that. They are worth every penny - but we understand that for many every penny counts. So for those few, lucky people, please believe me when I say that these boots really are a gem.

2 comments:

  1. I love your selection and I might one day decide to save to be able to afford the coat!
    My preferred item in this selection is the cashmere dress which I find very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie. Good choice too!

    ReplyDelete