Thursday 20 January 2011

Take Celtic Sheepskin to the beach this January

Today’s inspiration has come from the eyes of a very jealous woman. Me! My mother and father are planning a trip to the Caribbean in a couple of weeks and I’m sick with envy! I have the delight of listening to all the lovely summer clothes my mum is purchasing, knowing that I am facing at least another month of solid cold winter weather, and then no doubt we’ll get rain…

So I thought I’d prepare a short blog post for those who, like my parents are jetting off to somewhere hot any time soon. Lucky you! It must be very easy for those amongst us who are planning a cold maybe skiing trip; buying clothes for winter in winter must be relatively straight forward. But buying hot, summer clothes in January? No wonder the designers bring out cruise collections!

The advantage that Celtic Sheepskin has over high street shops is that we can sell all seasons, all year round. You can either search for a sheepskin hat or suede flip-flops and voila! Up they pop. As many retailers, we launch new lines at the start of each season, but there’s still plenty on our website for the sun goddesses out there. The benefit too is that much of it could be described as “transitional” –you can wear it between seasons. And as British weather feels like it’s between seasons for 75% of the year, you’ll be able to wear it when you come home from your hols too!

My first outfit combines our High Waisted Skirt (a style to be grabbed this season) our very delicate bamboo Winged Tie Back Tee, and a pair of our hand-made Nubuck and Suede Flip Flops to tie the outfit together. I own a pair of these flip flops, I have done so for about 4 years, so I can vouch for their superb comfort –and longevity!


The next has a more chic vibe about it, bringing together our monochrome Striped Batwing Dress and mixing it up with a pair of highly desirable, and again hand-made (in Cornwall) Celt Sandals plus a gorgeous little Fringed Hobo Bag. I love this bag! It’s got a short strap that doesn’t get in the way when you’re trying to pack it into your suitcase.


And the final of my trio is for an even more relaxed approach to sunbathing. I’ve pulled out our Shaggy Waistcoat, which is knitted in half alpaca and half silk on a cotton base and is simply gorgeous. I’m picturing just a bikini underneath, with this cargo-style Cord Parka Skirt thrown on for a little more modesty. Then I thought a pair of Sheepskin Slides could make a nice alternative to sandals, as they’re divinely soft and comfortable, so perfect for dodging hot sand in.

Oh dear, now it looks like I’m even more jealous of all the sun-goers now!

1 comment:

  1. My preferred outfit is #1, but I am not a fan of places...

    ReplyDelete