Tuesday 11 January 2011

Sheepskin is still very popular!

I’m writing this blog post after returning from a trip to Hungary. Out there in their dense white snow and freezing conditions the only material able to stand up to the cool temperatures was - yes you guessed it - sheepskin. OK so I work for Celtic Sheepskin and I’m bound to wear and promote it, but honestly it was the only way I could stay outside for longer than 10 minutes. Each day I wore my trusty Celt Boots, my sheepskin gloves, my sheepskin scarf and my sheepskin hat, which left my boyfriends cold feet very envious. Perhaps next winter he’ll take my advice to wear sheepskin boots.

So it was to my great delight when I returned to my desk yesterday to see so many magazines and newspapers promoting sheepskin. This doesn’t come as a huge surprise of course, as we’re now in January which is a month that’s notoriously cold, but it’s also a frugal time. Every penny counts and much of the media are busily writing up about the best bargains to be sought, planning a leapfrog into the new spring collections as soon as they can. But not this year it seems. We’re all being very practical, wearing what we should to keep warm and fashion comes almost as an after thought. Hooray!

Hilary Alexander at the Daily Telegraph wrote a great section yesterday on how Aviator Jackets are set to remain for spring. In her write up she featured our Classic Flying Jacket, styled with a pretty skirt and top. Hilary talked about how the flying jacket is “too much of a classic to be written off” –here, here Hilary!

And if you are considering the alternatives to Hilary’s choice, then may I recommend…

But the media didn’t stop there. Also waiting for me was this week’s copy of Woman’s Weekly, where fashion editor Anne Hartnett pulled out some of our Toscana accessories to go with her “All Wrapped Up” feature. Working with a pretty blonde model, who looks remarkably like our own model Amelie, Ann put together a great collection of knitwear and sheepskin which had an air of our own catalogue about it. Amongst her line up were our Toscana Boots and Toscana Earmuffs. As if that wasn’t enough, my entire body collapsed to the floor when I noticed that Red magazine has included our Moccasin slippers in their February’s edition! Unlike the other two, Laura Fantacci focused on staying warm inside. Laura has picked a sumptuous mix of fabrics including lace, cashmere and our own sheepskin slippers to make anyone want to curl up by the fire and watch the cool rain drops battling against your protector windows.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have seen the Mocassin slippers in Red... It was funny as it is only the second time I buy Red ;-)
    You're doing a great jod, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie. It's a great magazine!

    ReplyDelete