Thursday 13 January 2011

Choosing between blow out or bust

If you don’t already know, Celtic Sheepskin does not hold sales. There is not any time of the year when an item will be reduced and then put back up to full price. For the most part we are lucky enough to say that our careful designing leads to many items being sold out shortly after they hit the shelves, but for a few pieces a little more patience is required. Cue our “offers” section.

The offers page on our website is for our lovely pieces which sadly haven’t had the attention they deserve. So to regain their status as being just as enticing as their catalogue counterparts, we decide to reduce their price label. BARGAIN! I hear you all shouting, and yes that is indeed the case. But like anything on our website, you’ve got to be quick.

To help you on your way I’ve carried out a little research to show you what you can get on the designer websites compared with the alternative on our website that is not only a bargain at its full price, but is now discounted!

So let’s start with the newly added Ocean Batwing With Snood. Selling at a 53% discount at just £45, this half merino, half alpaca jumper is simply divine. Heaven knows why it’s not been snapped up yet, but perhaps this is the push it needs?

The alternative on Net A Porter could be Splendid’s batwing knit, but unlike the Celtic Sheepskin design the cowl neck doesn’t come off! I have to admit I love neutral shades, so this Splendid top hits the right notes there, but then it’s always nice to inject a little colours into your wardrobe, and this blue is beautifully subtle.

And what other beautiful bargains can be sought I hear you cry! Well, what about the Crop Tie Wrap? I wore this a few weeks ago when I modelled different outfit combinations, placing it over our navy Sheer Knit Cowl Jumper Dress (which has since sold out). It’s very adaptable, and with spring pleasantly not far around the corner, it makes the ideal layering item. With 50% off the price tag, £35 is a real bargain!

And the alternative at Net A Porter? Well, that was a little harder to find. They’ve got plenty of blue and white stripped long sleeve tops but none as a bolero. Bolero’s too are popular, but none have this flattering tie fastening. So the closest I came to it is the utterly gorgeous cropped cardigan by Alice By Temperley. It has the same nautical feeling, but perhaps a little too smart for my wardrobe, and at £120 more than Celtic Sheepskin’s option, I think I’d prefer to save my pennies.
And with all this talk of spring, who amongst you are planning a trip abroad soon? Have any of you chosen somewhere hot, or perhaps a spa hotel? If so then I think you may love my next offering from our “offers” page. Plaited Leather Sandals, reduced by 33% to just £30, and for leather sandals that’s pretty good going.

Net A Porter has lots of stunning sandals; the most similar pair is Proenza Schouler’s design. They’re not quite as subtle as Celtic Sheepskins apparently understated sandals, but at £400 more perhaps the tassles and buckles were added by way of justification? Or allurement? Who knows! What I do know is that the saved £400 would go towards an upgrade on a room…
And then there are children to think about, because we do have some last remaining items of children’s clothing in our offers section. All light weight but with long sleeves, so great for our British weather which more often than not sits on the fence from being really hot and really cold. Yes, I know we’ve just had snow, but it (fortunately) didn’t last that long, and most of the time we have cloud –winter or summer.


Our Kids Organic Hoodie is designed for both girls and boys to wear, and at the discounted price of just £14.50 I see no reason why a lot of boys and girls aren’t wearing it! Now, Net A Porter don’t do children’s clothes, so I had to go a little further a field to find a suitable designer alternative, landing me at childsplayclothing.co.uk - and boy could you spend a lot of money on your children on that site! I soon came across Timberland’s stripy, hooded top, which is lovely but I can’t see why adding a zip would make it £43 more expensive? Let’s put it down to personal preference? Of course I know where I stand on that, but do make up your judgments…


So there we have it. Four items from Celtic Sheepskin, which can be purchased for £643.49 less than their designer equivalents and that is roughly the same amount I spent on my skiing holiday last year. And boy doesn’t it feel great when you snap up a bargain and blow the savings on something else! Or maybe just save for a rainy day…

No comments:

Post a Comment