Thursday 24 February 2011

The new spring summer ’11 range has just gone live!

In my haste to tell you all about my exciting trip I made on Monday night to see Mark Fast’s Autumn Winter Fashion Show, I completely neglected to point out that last Saturday those of you who are subscribed to our website would have received an email telling you about six new items that were launched online ahead of the new catalogue. And since then the whole collection has literally just gone live on the website!

What do you think?

So by way of a better in sight into the new spring range, I thought I’d pull out three pieces from the original line-up of six, and scrutinize in a little more detail so you can learn even more about them.

First up is the Cowl Button Through. I think this is a top that you learn to love and when you do you wont be able to take your eyes off it! I say that only because I wasn’t sure at first, but now it a very firm favourite from in the spring collection, and at the top of my “must buy” list.


Lilac is one of those shades that happily sits alongside fashion. Officially this summer is a season of bright bold colours, but when don’t they say that? Contrary to the mass feeling, I’m very aware that Vivienne Westwood’s spring collection was filled with soft summer hues, and have found for you all a site that describes in great detail the colour trends for Spring Summer 2011 CLICK HERE - So purple was a colour of choice for Christian Dior, Gucci, Prabal Gurung, Max Mara, Victoria Beckham!

The top has beautiful mother of pearl buttons, and a very flattering length sleeve. It’s made from a mixture of wood pulp, wool and a little elastane, to make sure the fit is flattering and as natural as possible. The top is a comfortable length, sitting just on your hips and above all, the fluidity of the fabric will leave you wishing you never need to take it off!

So, next on my top three list is the Vera Long….


Isn’t it gorgeous! Now I may be able to guess your thoughts here –the model does indeed have a super figure, but the top is made from 100% organic merino wool, and being wool there is no sheen in the material that will accentuate any lumps and bumps. In the images above the top has been pulled down tight to look more like a dress than a tunic, but as the bottom will cling to anywhere you rest it, you can move the bottom up a little higher and create a slouchier look.

My favourite part of this top is the sleeves. They’re interesting without being impractical; you can still fit them under a jacket in winter, or layer with a top underneath without you looking like you’re wearing a tabard! And of course, according to the colour chart I took you to above, grey & stone are shades that are very popular this season!

And then there’s our beautiful Smocked Cheesecloth Top…


I must point out now that it doesn’t come with the belt, that’s our Lariat Belt (which is also a very popular belt for 2011). After the catwalks last September for the spring summer 2011 collection, all the critics announced that white shirts are big news this season! So we know that our natural cheesecloth version will turn a few heads.

It’s a simple design at first glance, but when you look at the detail there’s a lot to take in. The wide, square neckline is very flattering, with smocking detail to make sure it fans out for comfort. The sleeves remind me of the film Aladdin, bellowing out at the elbow before being brought back in at the wrist with three delicate buttons. The finish at the bottom is relatively uncomplicated to let you choose whether you tuck it in or leave it out loose. Over all, it’s one very beautiful white summer shirt, which at only £35 I doubt will stay on our shelves for very long.

1 comment:

  1. I have to go and browse the range, but from your selection the Smocked Cheesecloth Top and the last top (the navy one) are my preferred items.

    ReplyDelete