Thursday 17 March 2011

A perfect match

With spring just around the corner (now that we are past the March half-way point I can confidently say that!) I have been focusing this week on updating the ‘recommended products’ pages on our website.

For those of you who aren’t aware, this is a recent addition to the site which makes it easier for you to view other items that you might like based on the item you have selected.

Whenever you go to a product page, you can scroll down to see four items which might also take your fancy…

Now as this isn’t an automated process, I am responsible for ensuring that the items you see on these pages are in stock and relevant and we also use the opportunity to show you pieces that you might not have seen before. This is great fun as it gives me the chance to experiment with mixing and matching different garments as well as familiarising myself with our Spring/Summer collection.

Multi-tasking at its best!

So today I have been playing around with some of the lovely new Spring/Summer pieces and have taken photos for your delectation…

First off, let me introduce you to the Helical Shell Knit
This light and slightly sheer knit with batwing sleeves and a scooped hem looks great worn as an extra layer. I have paired it with the Knitted Vest Top for an on-trend, layered look and then accessorised it with Button Boots, the Eden Bag and Palm Trilby Hat

Next we have the Trapeze Hem Top
I love the cotton lace detailing on this top, isn’t it pretty! Again I would wear this with jeans and, as the sleeve length can be adjusted using the D rings, I would probably wear it throughout spring and summer. I think it looks gorgeous with the Sleeveless Tape Drape and Lariat Suede Belt (with a pair of Classic Calf Height Boots (Mocca) and a Large Natural Basket to finish the look)...
What do you think? Doesn’t it fit in well with the country/folk styles around at the moment!

The Sleeveless Tape Drape is so versatile; if you prefer not to wear it with a belt, it still works just as well out loose and I think this completely changes the look of the outfit…

Sticking with the trapeze theme as it is set to be very popular this season, my next selection is the Trapeze Jumper Dress. It has such a flattering shape which skims the hips and cinches the waist and being 100% merino it will feel wonderfully soft against your skin...
Isn’t it stunning!

The beauty of this dress is that it is so flexible and can be worn in many different ways. I have teamed it with the Circular Knit Cardigan (you might recognise this combination from our Spring/Summer catalogue) and Buckled Obi Belt. A Tinder Pouch and Nubuck & Suede Crossover Sandals complement the look very well.

While I was feeling creative, I thought I would try the Trapeze Jumper Dress with the Sleeveless Tape Drape and Lariat Belt just for fun and guess what, it works!
I love how the forgiving lines of the jumper dress draw your eye in to the waist while the floaty hems of the dress and the drape pulls your attention towards the legs to make this altogether a very flattering combination!

Last but by no means least I would like to draw your attention to the Sheepskin Waterfall Gilet.
The close-cropped wool which has been selected especially for spring makes this luxurious yet lightweight and ideally suited for chic layering. I have matched it up with the Slash Neck Vera Long
I really like how the colour of the sheepskin brings out the beautiful blue of the Slash Neck Vera Long and vice versa. To top it off, the Slash Neck Vera Long is made from 100% merino wool meaning you won’t feel too hot in it but you will stay lovely and warm when it matters.

Wow, I could go on forever! It is safe to say that the combination possibilities are endless…isn’t it a good job we do some of the hard work for you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment