Tuesday 22 March 2011

Spring has sprung...

So, the clocks go forward by an hour next weekend. I don’t know how you feel but personally I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone since they went back in October. On the downside, we will lose an hour’s sleep but on the plus side however, it marks the start of British Summer Time! We will soon be thinking about barbeques, tennis and light, warm evenings!

In Cornwall, last weekend’s weather gave us a tantalising glimpse of what’s (hopefully) to come over the coming months, so much so that I even managed to get a sun tan on Saturday.

So with warmer weather on my mind (and a pending holiday in the sun), I have started to pay attention to my feet which, I must admit, have been somewhat neglected over the past few months. I have also been thinking about what I will wear on my feet as the weather warms up...

Like many of you I’m sure, I practically live in my cosy calf height Classic boots for most of the year…
(Pictured above with Bamboo Asymmetric Tie Tee)

They are just so comfortable and being machine washable (just use our Celtic Wool Wash) they are very easy to keep clean which makes them ideal for the beach and coastal walks! They are so handy that I find it hard to put them away when the weather really warms up as I know that most of my other shoes don’t compare.

The great thing about our range of sheepskin boots is that being 100% sheepskin your feet won’t sweat in them which they would in synthetic boots. This is because sheepskin is a natural fibre which has thermostatic qualities. This ensures that your feet will stay cosy when it’s cold and cool when it’s warmer.

Brilliant!

The occasion to bare your toes will soon arise though (time to book that pedicure?!) so what do you wear on a warm day when you want a just-as-comfy alternative to sheepskin boots? Why sheepskin flip-flops of course!
(Pictured above with Trapeze Hem Top)

Our Shearling Flip-flops are an ingenious alternative to the traditional flip flop and are such a lovely treat for your feet after a hard day’s work or long surf. The nubuck straps and footbed are lined with sumptuous sheepskin so your feet will feel wonderfully snug, yet the flip-flip design means they will stay cool at the same time.

I love them because they are really stylish as well as comfortable (something that some shoe designers struggle with!) and they can be worn with jeans, skirts, linen trousers…anything! I will probably be wearing mine pretty much all day every day!

Shearling Flip-flops come in 3 colours; Mocca, Stone and Toffee and they are designed for ladies and men alike. Better still, as with most of our sheepskin footwear, our Shearling Flip-flops are machine washable (again, we recommend our Celtic Wool Wash) so you can ensure that they look and feel as good at the end of the summer as the day you bought them!

So there is no need to panic at the thought of parting with your favourite sheepskin boots over the summer months after all. The question is do you dare to bare?

No comments:

Post a Comment