Thursday 10 March 2011

Transitional Trends

Having had a browse online this week, it is clear that everyone is talking about the good old British weather (what do we do better?!) and more importantly how we can dress for the transition between winter and spring. Even as I write this I am acutely aware that I have dressed rather too optimistically for today’s changeable clime and I am now sat here shivering, despite basking in some lovely sunshine just a few hours ago!

At Celtic Sheepskin we are very well equipped to help you to dress for sporadic temperature changes, so I thought I would today highlight some key pieces from our Spring/Summer 2011 collection that will take you from now and into summer (and beyond, if recent summers are anything to go by!). At the same time, I thought you would like to see a few exclusive, never-before-seen images from our Spring/Summer photoshoot, just to whet your appetite even more!

First off, let me introduce you to the Sheepskin Waterfall Jacket

Isn’t it stunning! This beautifully shaped coat is made of 100% sheepskin (a prime example of nature’s own thermostat!) and is so lightweight. I can’t emphasise enough the marvels of the lightweight sheepskin, achieved specifically for spring by cropping the wool inner. Our craftsmen are very clever indeed.

Then, if you like this, you will love my next suggestion; the Sheepskin Waterfall GiletWith waterfall draping being right on trend this spring/summer, the chic and highly flattering design of this gilet provides that perfect top layer for days with a chill in the air but a promise of sunshine. And once again the sheepskin has been cut short to keep it lightweight.

Now, for times when you can brave it without a coat (don’t they seem too long ago?!), I think our Short Sleeve Slouch Cardi is likely to become a staple piece in your wardrobe… I love the dainty Mother of Pearl buttons and can imagine wearing it over a cami as in the picture above or even contrasting the layers and putting a long sleeve tee underneath it. And in case you weren’t sure, it’s knitted using 100% Geelong lambswool that is cleverly spun to trap pockets of air! That means you will have an ingenious cardi that will keep you cool as much as it keeps you warm.

While we are on the subject of wool, allow me to introduce you to another one of our new slouch items, the Short Sleeve Merino Slouch
This is a re-mastered autumn/winter staple that has been thoughtfully adapted with the help of super-fine and soft, organic merino wool to create what is sure to be a spring/summer must-have item!

As well as the Navy option pictured above, this gorgeous slouch also comes in Grey. Both colours are ideal for winter and spring, and can be dressed up or down according to the occasion.

I love the flattering V neck on this slouch and can picture it being worn with a crisp white shirt underneath (very on trend right now!) to keep me warm on a blustery day. As the weather warms up, I imagine wearing it with the 100% cotton scarf in the picture or perhaps with a little cami underneath on a spring evening.

So much choice! Which one will you buy first?

No comments:

Post a Comment