Tuesday 3 May 2011

Best of British

Well I can hardly write a post today without commenting on how wonderful the Royal Wedding was, can I?! Maybe you were in London for the day or celebrating the momentous occasion with one of the many street parties taking place around the country? I opted to stay at home and had friends over for a barbeque and I must say I truly felt a sense of patriotism and British pride.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the day’s events and, while I thought Kate’s dress was stunning, I’m sure I wasn't the only one who watched in awe and amazement at some of the outfits, especially the hats…


(Images courtesy of Getty Images)

Very appropriately, here at Celtic Sheepskin, we are very proud to be British and highlight all of our Great British products with a Union Jack.

Paying homage to the great many photos taken on Friday, I’ve put together a family portrait of our British footwear…


So let me introduce the footwear “family”…

For “Dad” I’ve chosen a pair of regular height Aqualamb Boots. Their special weather-proofing treatment means they hold up well on rainy days.

“Mum” is represented by a pair of our popular Popper Boots in Spice (they also come in black and mocca but these are my favourites!). I love how you can wear these with the poppers done up or down, so they will go with any outfit.

Nestled between Mum and Dad is a pair of our Mini Celt Boots which needless to say represent their young child. These adorable mini versions of our best-selling Celt Boots are available from size 5-6 upwards and they are machine washable - ideal for cleaning up the evidence of muddy puddles (just use our Celtic Wool Wash).

“Grandad” is portrayed by a pair of navy Windsor Slippers. With a name like Windsor, it seemed only right that they were included!

I have depicted “Granny” using the elegant Ballerina Slippers, one of our truly classic styles. Their generous cuffs keep feet and ankles lovely and warm all year round.

I thought that by including some Flip-flops it would signify two older “children” with the Shearling Flip-flops for a rebellious son and the Nubuck & Suede Crossover Sandals as a pretty-in-pink teenage daughter...

All of these products are lovingly hand made in Great Britain from the finest natural materials. And if you’re keen to hear more on why we think it’s so important to make the most of being British, click here (http://www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk/join-our-community/made-in-great-britain/).

No comments:

Post a Comment