Thursday 5 May 2011

Location, location, location...

The recent spell of barbeque weather reminded me how lucky I am to live and work in such a beautiful and picturesque part of the country as Cornwall. We are very privileged to have a vast array of stunning beaches to enjoy and as 80% of the county is surrounded by water, there are still many which I haven’t yet visited.

So I thought today I would shine the spotlight on one of my favourite places in Cornwall – Crantock.


Even if you haven’t been to Crantock you may well recognise the beach as it was featured in our Spring/Summer catalogue. With golden sand and clear waters, it isn’t hard to see why we chose such a photogenic location.

Crantock is only about 3 miles from Newquay and I love how you can walk at low tide from the Pentire headland to Crantock beach across the river Gannel which makes it even closer. I like to walk this route on a summer evening to take in the scenery and unwind from the day.

I think Crantock village is charming and quaint with its mixture of cottages, B & B’s and hotels. It also boasts one of my favourite places for Sunday Lunch, the Bowgie Inn. I love sitting next to the windows to make the most of the stunning views of the beach below.

From the car park there is a meandering footpath that takes you around the edge of the West Pentire headland passing Crantock beach on one side and Polly Joke on the other. You can see the two beaches in the picture below. Crantock beach is the large beach and Polly Joke is the small beach to the left of the image;


On a sunny day there are not many places I would rather be and there are plenty of benches along the way to rest weary legs!

As I mentioned earlier, I think Crantock beach is simply stunning. I like exploring the multitude of rock pools and caves or hiding away from it all in the sand dunes. Crantock Beach is also a good surfing beach throughout the year so you will often see local and visiting surfers catching some great waves.

Here are some behind the scenes photos from our latest photo-shoot at Crantock beach;

If you’re wondering about the top which our model is wearing, it is the gorgeous Lace Knit Slouch. Isn’t it the perfect summer beach attire!
I love this slouch as it looks lovely over a bikini or swimsuit, giving enough coverage to keep you warm without feeling heavy yet it works just as well over a vest or tee after a day on the beach.

The Lace Knit Slouch has clearly been very popular with our customers as well – we are taking backorders for this piece already! With this in mind, you might like to order it quickly to get your delivery in time for the summer holidays.

If you get the chance to visit Crantock (and you really should!) we are just up the road in Newquay so make sure to drop in to our factory shop too.

2 comments:

  1. Oohh Crantock looks lovely - will have to visit next time I'm down that way.
    My favourite place in Cornwall is Gwithian. Different generations of my family have been going for about 70 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Gwithian is lovely too. It's quite similar to Crantock with both beaches having lovely long stretches of golden sand and crystal clear water!

    ReplyDelete