Tuesday 21 June 2011

Festival fashion guide

As I write this I can’t believe that today, 21st June marks Midsummer and the longest day of the year. Looking outside my office window, although the sun is trying to make an appearance, it definitely feels more like spring! The summer solstice marks the time when the sun is at its highest point in the sky and - here’s a cheery thought – the nights will start to draw out now until the winter solstice on 21st December!
I think the weather is probably quite fitting for this week as Glastonbury Festival starts on Wednesday. I went to the festival a few years ago when the site was a mud bath. I spent most of the time wading through deep mud, trying my best not to fall over!Something that really struck me was the eclectic mix of people who were at the festival. From young children to students to more mature visitors who had been going ever since it started back in the seventies. Even on the rainiest of days, many people still made an effort to look stylish, which surprised me as I wouldn’t have necessarily associated wet weather gear with fashion!

Last year we mentioned in our blog that we felt that festivals should be more about the music and vibe but this year we have succumbed and I think that we should show you what we have to offer. So with memories of Glastonbury on my mind and for those of you who are going to be embracing festival chic, here are a few suggestions of items I think would add a touch of chic to your tent wardrobe;

Waxed Jacket




The waxed jacket has been gracing all the festival fashion pages in recent weeks and our version, the Kelmscott Waxed Jacket, will keep you warm and dry! It is 100% dry waxed cotton so it isn’t heavy either.

Boots


Let’s be optimistic and say you will hopefully not be knee high in mud so the Short Gum Boots will be more than adequate to squelch through any puddles. They look great with skirts and skinny jeans!

T-Shirt



I would say that you need to travel light if you’re camping for 4 nights and this Bamboo Asymmetric Tie Tee won’t take up too much room in your bag . Being bamboo, it is soft and comfortable and even has natural antibacterial properties!

Across-body bag


And finally, the perfect across-body bag for carrying all your essentials; the Sheepskin Bag. I love this because it is compact but practical and enables you to be hands-free so all in all it’s an ideal day bag!

Hopefully the weather will be a bit more seasonal if you are going to Glastonbury or any other festivals this summer but whatever the forecast throws at you, we hope you have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment