Tuesday 28 February 2012

New shoes for a new season!

I couldn’t quite believe my eyes when I saw the weather forecast yesterday. With the clocks going forward at the end of March, the new month heralds the official start of Spring so slightly warmer days are to be expected. Even so, the average March temperature usually dips as low as 2.4oC (according to Wikipedia), so the prediction of 13oC for some parts of the country this week will mean that many of us are likely to be side-lining our winter woollies in favour of some lighter layers for a few days at least. Not that I’m complaining of course! Having tried on quite a few pieces from our Spring collection, I am looking forward to being able to wear some of the key season pieces without feeling chilly.

I imagine that many of you will have browsed our Spring catalogue by now so hopefully you will have picked out your favourite warmer season pieces. For a change today, rather than focusing on the spring clothing collection, I thought I would highlight one of my favourite new-for-2012 additions to the Spring range which will be ideal for a warmer spell of weather.

While I know that many people, me included, wear their sheepskin boots all year round, I like to think that every new season wardrobe needs a new pair of shoes. Sometimes it can be hard to find shoes which match the cosiness and wear-ability of our iconic sheepskin boots because they are just oh-so-comfortable but I think we might have hit the mark as I was delighted to discover these gorgeous Spanish Espadrilles in our new season range…

There are 3 styles of Espadrilles to pick from;
Espadrilles originate from the Pyrenees and ours are made for us in Spain using a traditional combination of cotton canvas, jute rope and rubber sole to create a long-lasting and comfortable shoe. I love these stripey slingbacks (Strap Espadrilles) – they’re practical but bring an effortless touch of colour to an outfit. They are a good option for work or play and because the heel is quite modest, they are easy to walk in and comfortable too!
If you prefer to keep your footwear flat (and as someone who almost always wears flat shoes I can empathise!), our Flat Espadrilles are a brilliant alternative to a pair of sheepskin boots. I have seen plenty of similar shoes on the high street but you can truly see and feel the quality of ours which sets them apart from cheaper alternatives (and they will last a lot longer too!). The neutral colours in the stripe detail means these will become a true flexible footwear-friend!
For an easy way to dress up your casual wardrobe, I adore these Tie Espadrilles. The navy shade is really on trend (as is anything with a hint of patriotic style this season!) and the pretty laces are very flattering on the ankle, something which I think can often be a challenge to achieve. At this time of year these work really well with jeans or Capri pants and in the high summer they will look wonderful combined with a billowing white skirt and a dainty vest top, don’t you think?

All three of these styles are available to order now and I predict that they won’t be around for long so don’t miss out; click here to see them all on our website.

Which style is your favourite? Get in touch on Facebook or Twitter.

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment