Thursday 8 March 2012

Get in early and be in the good books this Mother's Day...

This year, rather than leaving it until the last minute like I usually do, I am planning ahead and have bought a gift for my lovely mother with plenty of time to spare before Mother’s Day on 18th March. So I am writing today’s with a slight air of smugness in the knowledge that I won’t be rushing around next week!

If I’m honest, I found it hard to decide what to pick as there is just so much choice around. I wanted to choose something special for my mum from our Spring collection which she would cosset and adore. There are plenty of pieces in our new range which I think tick this box but, being based in the press office and so close to the samples room (it’s a tough job but someone has to do it!), I have pretty much fallen in love with our entire collection so I needed to enlist some help to point me in the right direction. So I asked the advice of Kath Whitworth, one of Celtic’s Directors and a mother of two grown-up children herself (hints to follow for Mike and Clare if you’re reading!).

If you’re also planning ahead (bravo!) you might be looking for a little inspiration. So to help you out, I thought I would share a few of Kath’s suggestions with you…
Kath told me that she loves this Stripey Scarf in Royal Blue Stripe because it adds a bright, feminine touch to any outfit – it’s likely to become one of those accessories that will be worn again and again. It’s generously long so it can be wrapped around a few times or worn loosely as in the picture above, almost as a shawl.
Who doesn’t love a handbag?! Kath picked out our cute Mini Pouch Bag, saying that she would like to receive this because it is a mini tardis with hidden pockets and enough space for the bare essentials that a mum needs on a daily basis. The easily-wearable navy colour means it is likely to become a trusty friend for years to come.
The Collared Slouch has already proved to be popular with you, our customers, and Kath said it is one of her favourites too. The Harbour Blue colour (which you can see on the website) is a gorgeous summery shade which we predict will be popular with everyone, including mums!

I’m not going to tell you what I decided to buy for my mum in case she is reading this but needless to say I think she will be pleased! For more ideas, make sure to browse our website where you will find some hidden treasures that weren’t included in the Spring catalogue (there simply wasn’t enough room for them all!), such as our best-selling Boat Neck Dress which now comes in a gorgeous Dark Natural shade;
What are you hoping to receive this Mother’s Day? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter.

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment