Tuesday 6 March 2012

Taking Celtic far and wide…

I imagine that some of you might have been away over the past couple of months in search of some warmth and sunshine (you lucky things!). If so, hopefully you have taken full advantage of our fabulous spring collection and taken some of our key warmer weather pieces for the season. There is more choice than ever before and - judging by the images I have seen so far of our forthcoming summer catalogue – plenty more to come as the temperature soars closer to home.

Lauren, our Graphic Designer has recently returned – complete with gorgeous suntan - from her holiday in Borneo where the temperatures soared to over 30oC. Being a tropical part of the world, the heat and humidity meant that it was difficult to know what clothes to pack. Fortunately she decided to take a couple of our key season pieces with her which was very sensible as natural fibres are the best choice when faced with a tropical climate because they are lightweight, breathable and some like bamboo are even naturally anti-bacterial! Lauren kindly brought in a couple of her holiday snaps for us to see and share with you today (or perhaps to make us green with envy – it looks amazing!) so here’s how she got on…

Purl Stitch Linen/Silk Jumper
“I was really pleased that I took this jumper with me. It was one of the pieces that I had my eye on when the Spring collection first launched at the end of January and I knew it would come in handy on my holiday. I chose to wear this for travelling (the picture above was taken at the airport) and I’m so glad that I did – the journey took 15 hours in total and I needed to be warm and comfortable on the plane. The combination of linen and silk mean that this isn’t bulky like many jumpers and it was really comfy to wear. Being so lightweight, it worked really well as a beach throw-over when the sun went down too.”

Gypsy Blouse
“This became a firm friend during the holiday and I wore it quite a few times. I could really tell that it was 100% cotton because even on the hottest and most humid days I didn’t feel uncomfortably sticky which shows how naturally breathable cotton is. I loved the pretty details of this top; the tie front neck and shirred waist made it look and feel feminine as well as being practical. Of course, I also really liked how well the pure white cheesecloth showed off my developing tan!”

Wow - what a gorgeous backdrop! Thanks for sharing, Lauren.

Now that she’s back home in Cornwall, Lauren says that she’s even more of a convert to natural fibres than she was before and that she will be stocking up her summer wardrobe in anticipation for warm days and balmy evenings (I love her positive thinking!).

If you have any photos of yourself wearing Celtic Sheepskin on holiday, please share them on Facebook or Twitter – we would love to see them. I wonder where the furthest away snap has been taken!

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment