Thursday 26 April 2012

Lovely linen: a Summer must-have...

As our loyal customers will know, we love natural fibres. In fact our entire range is made from yarns which are sourced from nature, something which we are very proud of. Each season we like to introduce new yarns to our collection and Summer 2012 is no exception. If you have flicked through our catalogue already you might have seen and abundance of beautiful linen pieces which we have designed for the high summer season.

Now of course, being based in Cornwall, we know that ‘high summer’ for this country sometimes means more umbrellas than parasols so we have specifically designed linen pieces that can be layered effortlessly on non-summery days. We do like to think optimistically as well though so if you have a lovely summer holiday to look forward to so, or perhaps - like me - you are just keeping your fingers crossed for a beautiful British summer, you might like to see our linen range being worn as nature intended; simply thrown on after a day on the beach. So for today’s blog post I thought I would highlight two of my favourite pieces, one for each instance.

First up, here’s my favourite linen piece for layering…

I love this Linen Cowl Top. I think it works really well over the Organic Cotton V Tee as in the picture above and is a great combination for days when the sun won’t make its mind up as the Cowl Top is so easy to throw on and take off. I would also wear this over a simple vest top and for a day on the beach over a bikini. Being linen it is brilliantly lightweight and has a gorgeous sheerness to it which I just love – I think it looks really feminine. I particularly like the Woodpigeon shade pictured above (it goes with anything!) but it also comes in Navy and White too.

Following on, for those days that we dream about – warm sunshine and a beach to laze on, I love our Sheer Linen Tunic….

I think that this is one of those pieces that really come alive when you put it on. It’s such a wearable style; very versatile and would suit all shapes and sizes. It’s sheer without being revealing and looks brilliant over a bikini although I think it would also look fab teamed with a pair of brightly colour skinny jeans (you might like a simple vest top underneath to protect your modesty too!).

Do you love our linen range as much as we do? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter.

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment