Tuesday 24 April 2012

Transitional styling with our key summer dress

I went into town at the weekend to have a browse around the shops and I came away thinking that summer must be just around the corner because the shop windows were brimming with pretty sun dresses, almost begging to be worn on a sunny day to show off our sun-kissed legs while basking in the summer sun…

Back to reality and looking at the forecast today it doesn’t look like the rain is disappearing yet. Some of you might think that this is reason enough to keep your dresses on their beckoning hangers for a while longer and I must admit that briefly, so did I. That is until I remembered my Short Sleeve Cable Dress which I treated myself to the other day (a brand new addition to our Summer 2012 collection)…

As you can see, Amelie is wearing it as most of us would imagine a short summer dress should be worn; with bare legs and a smile! For those of you who are about to embark on a sunny holiday, this dress is a perfect day-to-evening look; and I love wearing it with pair of wedge heels to make it even more girly and of course show off my pins! Being made from 100% cotton it doesn’t feel overly warm but definitely keeps the evening chill away. I think its best accessorised with a sun hat and a glass of Pimms!

Now I did say at the beginning of this blog post that our inclement weather shouldn’t be a reason not to wear a summer dress so let me explain. The beauty of our Short Sleeve Cable Dress is that it is as adaptable as any true jumper dress should be: All you need is a pair of leggings or skinny jeans and a light jacket over the top and you have a great transitional outfit that you can wear long before sun puts his hat on. Here’s Lauren modelling my suggested ensemble to help you visualise the style…
(Pictured above with Classic Boots and Short Suede Jacket).

I think that this is a really easy look which can utilise many combinations of layers. If you prefer to go without a jacket, our Organic Cotton Henley would work well layered underneath the dress as the capped sleeves of the dress would pull the look together. I predict that this dress will fly off the shelves as it is so flattering and comfortable to wear and, as with all our products, it will see you through many-a-season to come.

Are you embracing the opportunity to wear a summer dress already? We’d love to hear your thoughts on Facebook or Twitter.

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment