Tuesday 18 January 2011

And the nominations for this year's Golden Globe winners are...

-Did you watch the awards? Were you perched on the edge of your seat to hear which film won Best Picture? Hmmm, I’m not convinced that you really were, but you no doubt couldn’t get away from hearing that Colin Firth received Best Performance or that Social Network received best picture under the drama category. Oh, how the other half live.

For me, hearing about the Golden Globes was more interesting when I logged onto telegraph.co.uk on Monday morning and looked at all the beautiful dresses that graced the red carpet. Finding out what was classed a “hit” or a “miss” –oh, it’s a cruel, cruel world sometimes!

So with all this weekend’s hullabaloo now subsided once more into the record books, and the actors and actresses alike all back working on their latest blockbuster, I started considering the past winners. The list on Wikipedia makes a very interesting read! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Golden_Globe_winners

With the list neatly tucked to the side of my computer screen I thought I’d have a little fun in today’s blog post. Pulling out bits from our current winter collection, I’ve played a little game; picturing what could have easily featured in the film from our humble Cornish shelves to sparkle amongst those beautiful actresses and handsome actors…

Let’s first take Evita.

It’s not that hard to imaging Madonna wearing a pair of our white cashmere gloves as she approached the ball is it? And what about ET. Wouldn’t Elliott have been much more comfortable riding through the skies if his bike had a sheepskin lined seat? OK, so that wouldn’t have been on top of his priorities when saving his friend, but it’s a funny thought!


And that got me thinking about Atonement, and that infamous emerald green dress, which I desperately wish I owned! Just imagine the extra in take of breath as Kiera Knightly walks on screen in her stunning dress and her matching… Tovaddon Bag? Hmm, perhaps we’d need to re-think the name a little more if that were the case!
The Aviator was in fact the first film that sprung to my mind when conjuring up today’s blog post theme. After all, we have plenty of Aviator Jackets befitting of the best flyers, and they needn’t be just for men…


Leaving me with my final ensemble, the finale as you may. Taken from my memory of the film Forest Gump, where Forest explains to a nurse on the park bench...

“My momma always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes, where the go, where they've been”

In fact when searching for the correct words I came across a whole host of quotes from the film. I thoroughly recommend you pay a visit too if you liked the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109830/quotes

Now a sheepskin shoe may not suit everyone, although they are very comfortable and we have recently introduced women’s sizes so there’s no reason why anyone should feel left out. Either way, I hope your shoes take you somewhere exciting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment