Thursday 31 March 2011

Picture perfect

There has been a hectic hive of activity at Celtic HQ over the last few days as we have been preparing for our photo-shoot for Autumn/Winter. There is so much to organise; from booking accommodation for our models to finding beautiful locations for the shots (not that difficult in Cornwall luckily!) and making sure that nothing is forgotten before the team head out on location.

So with the photo-shoot on our minds, Charlotte and I thought we would have a go in front of the camera and what better excuse than to show you what we are wearing today!

Hopefully we will show you that, even as ladies with non-model figures, we can wear these pieces effortlessly! As well as this, you should also see how easy it is to put together day-to-day outfits from the items in question. We nipped outside and took photos against the factory wall so please forgive the ‘scenery’…I’m sure you will get the idea!

So, let’s start with Charlotte who is wearing the gorgeous Helical Shell Knit

Charlotte is wearing the Small (size 8-10) Helical Shell Knit with a crisp white shirt, skinny jeans and ballet pumps.

Doesn’t her white shirt show off the solid/sheer appearance of the knit? Bang on-trend! In fact this piece ticks a lot of trend boxes for this season having an asymmetrical design and being black as well. I personally don’t think the catalogue image does it enough justice; the batwing sleeves and different lengths of the front and back make this such an interesting piece.Charlotte commented that it was really easy to create an outfit from this top because it goes with everything!

I predict that the Helical Shell Knit will become a wardrobe staple as it’s so versatile - you could wear it over pretty much any colour to add a new dimension to an outfit.

Bravo Charlotte!

Moving on now, here I am wearing the Cotton Short Sleeve Slouch in Dove Grey/Navy…The size I am wearing is Small (size 8-10). Along with my favourite jeans and Classic Boots, I teamed it with a strappy vest because it is still quite chilly here today and I’m wearing it off my shoulder to emphasise the ‘slouch’. I must say it is very comfortable and I would just as happily wear it while relaxing at home as at work. Sometimes horizontal stripes can be a bit unflattering but I think the different sizes of the stripes in this slouch help as they seem very forgiving. Even though I know that natural fibres are supposed to feel softer than synthetic alternatives, wearing the Cotton Short Sleeve Slouch really underlines the point for me (it’s made from 100% organic cotton). I feel warm without being uncomfortable - brilliant!

The only problem is I don’t think I want to take it off!

Hopefully it has been useful to see these items from our Spring/Summer collection in a different context. As we have enjoyed doing it so much today, we have decided to make this a regular feature for the Thursday blog posts so keep an eye out to see what wonderful combinations we come up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment