Tuesday 29 March 2011

Dress to impress on Mother's Day!

With all the excitement of the clocks going forward on Sunday I very nearly forgot to go shopping for Mother’s Day! Luckily I remembered so I won’t be in the bad books just yet!

As we live 250 miles apart I won’t get the chance to see my lovely mother on the day (sorry Mum…maybe I spoke too soon about not being in the bad books!). For those of you who are planning to celebrate this Sunday with your mum (or children!), I thought you might like some inspiration for ‘Mother’s-Day-Sunday-Lunch’ outfits (doesn’t that just roll off the tongue!)…

I have picked out a couple of ensembles for you to see. For a change, instead of showing you photos from our Spring/Summer catalogue, Charlotte and I modelled the outfits so you can see that the clothes look just as lovely on real figures as they do on our catalogue models (even if we do say so ourselves!).

First off, Charlotte is modelling the Sleeveless Ladder Hoodie with the Cord Parka Skirt and Large Suede Shoulder BagDoesn’t she look lovely?

Charlotte picked this skirt out personally because she thought it would complement the Sleeveless Ladder Hoodie and I must say I agree. Layering different textures and patterns is very much on trend and this combination captures the ‘denim on denim’ look which is also very fashionable this season darling!

The Sleeveless Ladder Hoodie really stood out for me as it is such a gorgeous colour and I think the pointelle and ladder stitch detailing combined with the hood make it look smart yet casual at the same time.

To finish this look, we thought the Large Suede Shoulder Bag and a pair of daytime heels (heels smarten up any look don’t they?) would make this a perfect outfit for lunch with Mum. Now for the second outfit…

Seeing as combining a white dress with black tights is a very popular look this season, I thought I would recreate the trend myself. Let me present to you the Sheer Knit Cowl Jumper Dress, with black tights and Eden Bag As soon as I put the Sheer Knit Cowl Jumper Dress on I noticed how wonderfully soft it feels (well, it is 100% merino wool!) The colour and style are very flattering and the length is just right to wear with tights (you could also wear it on its own of course!).

The opaque black tights and knee-high boots really highlight the black and white contrast and the extra touch of the Eden Bag pulls the outfit together.

I accessorised the look with a black suede belt which accentuated my waist and at the same time drew attention away from my tummy area (ideal when you’re going to be eating a big lunch in my opinion!). The Wide Suede Belt in Chocolate would work well to add a different dimension to the outfit.So there you have it…two easily achieved looks which will work for Mother’s Day and beyond!

A little bit of advice; if you would like to buy a new ‘Mother’s-Day-Sunday-Lunch’ outfit, I would suggest that you order soon so that you receive your new garments in time for the weekend.

Don’t fret though, we offer a Next Day delivery service and even the option for delivery on Saturday if you do leave it to the last minute! Don’t we think of everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment