Tuesday 5 April 2011

Three for the price of one!

Who’s looking forward to the glut of bank holidays over the next few weeks? Two wonderful four-day breaks in a row thanks to Easter and the Royal Wedding!

With all those extra days to enjoy, I imagine some of you might be thinking about buying some new clothes to see you through the long weekends!

So to help you out we have experimented with one of our knits to suggest three ways you could wear one our lovely Spring/Summer pieces, the Circular Knit Cardigan.

I have chosen this cosy knit because cardigans are very useful at this time of year (especially when the weather can’t make up its mind!) and I think this one is a good wardrobe staple because it is so versatile as hopefully you will see…

So for my first outfit I have teamed the Circular Knit Cardigan with my favourite jeans, Grey Classic Boots and the new Bamboo Winged Tie Back TeeI love how soft this feels against my skin (well it is 100% merino wool!). I think the shape of the piece is really flattering as it skims over all the right places and the contrast between the fitted sleeves and slouchy body make it really different to a usual cardigan.

I can see myself wearing this ensemble for a pub lunch with family or friends followed by a walk in the countryside...I’m daydreaming already!
For the second outfit I chose the Envelope Neck Knit, Nubuck and Suede Crossover Sandals and the Buckled Obi Belt. This time Charlotte modelled for me…
This look would work well for either a day or night occasion. It’s dressy without being overly smart and the crossover sandals relax the look without making it look too casual. I think the shape of the Circular Knit Cardigan is accentuated by the belt, so much so that it looks like a different knit to the one worn with the first outfit!

Just while we’re looking at crossover sandals, we have been asked by Rosy Saville via Facebook to explain how to wear them so hopefully Charlotte is demonstrating this in the image above. You just need to slide your foot into the sandal and position your big toe between the two straps at the front (so you have a strap either side of your big toe).

Finally for my third selection I have teamed the Circular Knit Cardigan with a floral dress and heels…
Doesn’t it look pretty?

I think this would be an ideal outfit for a leisurely lunch in the sunshine. Once again, one of the fabulous things about this knit is its chameleon-like ability to adapt to its ‘environment’ or in this case the outfit! I think the billowing hem of the Circular Knit Cardigan works so well with the loose feel of the dress.

Floral patterns are very much on-trend this season so adding a floral feel really makes this outfit stand out.

So there you go; three very different outfits from one statement piece and I’m sure there are many more. That’s what I call great value for money!

No comments:

Post a Comment