Tuesday 12 April 2011

On your marks...

Are you going to watch the London Marathon on Sunday? This world famous 26.2 mile race is renowned for being entertaining for runners and spectators alike! Last year some of the costumes worn by runners included Darth Vader, Spongebob Squarepants and Fred Flintstone! Even those wearing ‘normal’ clothes do their best to stand out and I’m sure many of you are familiar with the pictures of thousands of runners making their way past Buckingham Palace towards the finish line, their various t-shirts creating a moving rainbow of colour along The Mall.

Putting costumes to one side and instead sticking with the T-shirt theme, I thought I would show you my favourite tees in today’s blog post. I have chosen three which really stand out to me and, in keeping with the marathon spirit, I have ranked them according to sales so you can see what our other customers think too!

In third place, receiving the bronze medal (according to sales) is the Sleeveless Ladder Hoodie... This tee stands out because of its detailing; delicate pointelle and ladder stitching all over and pretty capped sleeves make this very different from a normal hoodie. I love the colour because it suits most skin tones and can be coordinated with so many different shades (a navy or white long-sleeved top underneath would work well). The hood itself is wonderfully light and provides a very handy cover up if it’s breezy or starting to rain!

Moving on to second place, the silver medal goes to the Topsy Turvy Knit. This is my personal favourite! When I first put it on I kept noticing details that I hadn’t seen before! It is laced with ribbon on one sleeve, has a diagonal stitched pattern on the other and it has an on-trend asymmetric design. It is very eye-catching and looks great with jeans and heels for an evening out. And as with all our 100% organic cotton designs it feels wonderfully soft!

Finally, the one we have all been waiting for…according to you, our customer, the winner of the gold medal is (fanfare please!) the Reversible Knitted Tee... This 100% Geelong lambswool top is really two tees in one as it can be worn as a V-neck or a boat neck so it’s great value for money (and very clever!). The delicate stripes create a twist to the popular nautical theme which is very much in fashion this season.

This tee is brilliant for layering and works well with jeans and skirts alike. Personally, I really like the sleeve length and cut as it skims over the tummy and shoulders. Brilliant!

A deserving winner!

Something I nearly forgot to mention in my excitement is that all three of these striking tees are made in Great Britain from the finest organic fabrics!

With choices as desirable as this, they won’t be around for long. My advice would be to move quickly if you want to snap one up in time for the warmer weather.

So...

Ready…Steady…Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment