Thursday 7 April 2011

Who says layering is just for winter?


Well didn’t that last week fly! We have been lucky enough to experience some glorious spring weather in Newquay this week (brilliant for our Autumn/Winter photo-shoot) although there is still a slight nip in the air so we have been strategically layering up to keep out the chill in the mornings yet not overheat by lunchtime!

After deciding last Thursday to do this more weekly because we enjoyed it so much, the purpose of today’s blog post is to provide a snap shot of what we are wearing in the press office so you can have a little insight into the Celtic wardrobe.

First off, here’s Charlotte looking lovely in the Short Sleeve Merino SlouchCharlotte has teamed up this nifty knit with a red shirt, grey trousers and a wide silver belt.

Doesn’t this look work well!

The belt really transforms the slouch so much so that I think it looks completely different to the way it’s worn in the catalogue. The layered effect created by the combination of the slouch with the shirt then adds another dimension. The Short Sleeve Merino Slouch is a reworked version of our longer-sleeved Geelong V-neck slouch which was a big seller for Autumn/Winter. It has been re-created using Merino which is a particularly fine yarn making it ideal for this time of year.

As well as the gorgeous Grey shade which Charlotte is wearing, this piece also comes in a nautical Navy colour so you can take your pick depending on your preference (or buy both!).

So now moving on to my outfit, I have chosen to wear the Slash Neck Vera Long with a long sleeved floral tee, a fitted belt and a pair grey leggings (and my Classic boots which I have rolled down for a different look!)… I was a bit worried when I came in this morning that I would get too hot in this ensemble but I am pleased to say that I feel perfectly comfortable thanks again to the 100% organic merino wool!

I chose the floral tee because I wanted to take advantage of the layering potential of this statement piece (layering is so on-trend at the moment) and I think it shows off the detailing under the arms. A vest or short-sleeved tee would work as well, giving you the freedom to experiment with your outfit!

I think the belt ties in with my black boots and the hint of gold in the buttons of the Slash Neck Vera Long. It also nips in my waist to add definition, which is always a bonus!

The striking Midnight Blue shade combined with the large buttons really captures the continuing nautical trend that has graced our catwalks and high streets this year. I imagine this piece will be as popular as the rest of our Vera Long collection (in case you don’t know, we also offer the standard Vera Long and Laced Back Vera Long).

So there you have it; two effortless ways to transform statement pieces with the help of some creative layering.

Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment