Tuesday 31 January 2012

Final clearance wintry wonders!

With the almost balmy days of late, we could easily have been forgiven for thinking that we had bypassed winter altogether down here in Cornwall and other parts of the UK. I think I was lulled in to a false sense of security by the unseasonal warmth over the last couple of months as I certainly wasn’t prepared for the wintry weather which arrived earlier this week! Although it is milder in this part of the country than elsewhere, the chilly breeze and wintry showers give me two exciting motives to don as many layers as possible.  And boy have I plenty to choose from!

In the wings of our warehouse an abundance of warm sheepskin clothing and knits are patiently waiting to rescue us in such chilly times. Hooray! In fact, I’ve discovered that many of these can be found on the final clearance pages of our website and the Knitted Accessories section section in particular has grabbed my attention this morning. I’ve reassured myself that spending my hard earned on cash on winter accessories in January falls under the “essentials” category, and when they’re so drastically reduced, I’d feel a fool to ignore their beauty!

Here is a pick of my favourites…
First up, our Slouchy Cable Beanie, Cable Armwarmers and Cable Bootwarmers: An accessories set for £46 - that’s half the original price – bargain! I have just checked and as of this morning the silver and light grey options for each accessory are still available at half price. The cable design goes with everything and the armwarmers are brilliant if you prefer not to cover your hands completely, allowing you the freedom to wear them while doing fiddly tasks if you wish.
Made for us by Andrea Dunne, a textiles designer based in Brighton, this colourful set will add a touch of cheeriness to anyone’s winter wardrobe as well as keeping you snuggly & warm. Knitted from Geelong lambswool, the Sailor Beret and Sailor Scarf feel supremely comfortable as well (for the purity of this blog I feel it is vital that I try on everything I recommend; it’s a tough job but someone has to do it!)
If you love cashmere but tend to shy away because it costs more than other yarns, then this is the perfect opportunity to try it as our Cashmere Beret (white), Cashmere Bed Socks and Cashmere Woven Scarf are currently reduced by up to half price. They feel as luxurious as you might imagine and will complement your cold weather outfit effortlessly.

Is it snowing where you are? Are you wearing Celtic to keep warm? We would love to see your photos! Please post them to Facebook or Twitter.

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment